Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 9/8

My friend Bob Rubenstein has submitted his second novel, The White Bridge, to All Things That Matter Press. I'll be surprised if it isn't accepted. His first, Ghost Runners, is probably one of its best sellers. He asked me to write a blurb for the back cover. I edited the book, so only Bob knows it better than I do. Here's what I came up with:
Robert Rubenstein returns. On the heels of his first historical novel, Ghost Runners, which chronicled the chicanery at the 1936 Olympics, comes The White Bridge, which reveals more ugly truths about America from the ‘20‘s to the early ‘60‘s. Part thriller, part expose`, part gothic romance, part farce, part rant, Rubenstein brings dark truths to the light of day. He breathes life into famous figures long gone, puts words in their mouths, calls to account the perpetrators of injustice and collaborators of evil. It is often said: “It could never happen here.” Well, it did, and Rubenstein has captured it in grand style through the eyes of flapper/reporter Ginger Lee Smythe, determined solve the murder of a friend, and athlete/soldiers angered by the Nazi blight.
Good luck, Bob.
My schedule was thrown off today - to good effect. I accompanied Arlynn on a trip to the doctor. She is thrilled she doesn't have to take another mammogram for at least three months. Pressed for time, I didn't set up shop until after three. I don't know what it was - maybe people are giddy that the rain has finally stopped - but I sold a bunch of books in half the time as usual. I even had to hustle over to the car for a woman who was hot for more books on knitting. Thanks, folks.
Are you ready for some football? NFL kicks off tonight, Saints at the Packers.
Read Vic's stories, free:
http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment