Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 8/16

For the second day in a row a light shower had me close up shop early after a couple of sales. Thanks to the lovely Asian woman who bought a book on knitting and Every Four Years, a large pictorial about the American Presidency. And thanks to Global Surveys for the check and AOL Surveys for the Subway gift card. Nice day expected tomorrow - finally. Only good thing to say about the past three is that it was cool.
I don't know what it is, but food has tasted so good lately. I've never had a problem with my taste buds, so I don't get it. I've been almost orgasmic over a Progresso chicken soup, sans MSG, simple elbow pasta in Francesco Rinaldi's Tomato, Garlic and Onions sauce, and pizza. Maybe I stumbled onto the precise amount of pepper to add. May it continue.
I couldn't resist presenting the following excerpt, which must have environmentalists scratching their heads, culled from an article on FoxNews.com by
Wind power is the fastest growing component in the state's green energy portfolio, but wildlife advocates say the marriage has an unintended consequence: dead birds, including protected species of eagles, hawks and owls.
"The cumulative impacts are huge," said Shawn Smallwood, one of the few recognized experts studying the impact of wind farms on migratory birds. "It is not inconceivable to me that we could reduce golden eagle populations by a great deal, if not wipe them out."
California supports roughly 2,500 golden eagles. The state's largest wind farms kill, on average, more than 80 eagles per year. But the state is set to triple wind capacity in the coming years as it tries to become the first state in the nation to generate 33 percent of its electricity from clean energy sources by 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment