Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 5/16

I finalized the All Hallows screenplay and it's now available as a Kindle book. I'm not completely happy with the way it came out, but I'll live with it. I worked hard to clean it up and get the format right. I laughed when I noticed a particular error in the preview copy. My scanner back in the '90's mistook a lot of the small l's as ones, so a certain name appeared like this: Mi11er. The original manuscript was done on a typewriter that had by then provided thousands of pages. The most disappointing aspect is the lack on indentation. I have no idea why the finished version has come out like that. Another disappointment, which is probably temporary, is the lack of a cover. Amazon is supposed to generate a generic one, which would be a whole lot better than the gaping blank that makes the entire endeavor seem slap dash. I doubt I'll do another Kindle book myself. It's just too frustrating. Of course, I'd be thrilled if another of my novels was published and was made available in electronic format, which finally seems here to stay. Anyway, I think the script is a lot of fun and, of course, I hope it will eventually find it's way to someone with clout. It'd be nice to earn some real money at writing for a change. The price is .99 cents and my commission for any sale would be one-third of that. Another quirk is that there are no page numbers. I'm not too upset by this, as the entire book/screenplay can probably be read in a sitting or two. I included page breaks after only the title and cast of characters. Some scenes are only a couple of lines. It seemed silly to separate them by more than a couple of spaces. All Hallows is a roller coaster ride. After the potential for menace is established in the bloody opening segments, it becomes a slam-bang thriller chock full of twists and narrow escapes. Throughout it there are references to movies and TV shows that have entertained us for decades. There is no nudity or profanity, although the dialogue tips toward the salacious on a few occasions, hopefully in an artful way. Check it out here: http://tinyurl.com/cyckn3f
Viktor the Ukranian approached the floating bookshop asking if I knew it was a national holiday - his birthday. All the best, sir. And the 84-year-old veteran visited bearing gifts once again, which included Bibles in Russian and Chinese, as well as several best-selling paperbacks. Thank you, sir, and to the other kind folks who bought books today.

No comments:

Post a Comment