Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 5/15

I've spent too much time at the computer today. The floating book shop was rained out, so I had a lot of hours to kill. A few days ago I mentioned that I was working on publishing a screenplay, All Hallows, to Kindle. The original manuscript was uploaded to my first PC with a scanner. The file required a huge clean up. The typical screenplay format seems foreign to Kindle. The first few uploads were a complete mess. I may have solved most of the problems. I took a quick look at the latest upload before taking a much-needed shower. There are still some problems in the early pages, where unintended indentations occur. If that's the worst of it, I'll go ahead with the process, buy a copy and see if the problems appear in the finished version. When I uploaded Killing, any paragraph that began at the top of a page had no indentation. I emailed Amazon and the techie said the aberration might not appear in the marketable version. He was right. I'm planning to offer it for .99 cents. The file is 66 pages and can probably be read in one sitting, two at the most. Many lines consist of only two words, i.e. Sheriff: What? I have nothing to lose. It's been on the shelf in my closet for almost 20 years, and in files on my PCs for ten. In fact, it had been so long since I'd thought about it I'd forgotten I'd put it on a Cruzer stick. I'd assumed it had been lost when my previous computer crashed, and I wasn't going to take the time to type it into Word. I'd even secured a copyright for it and another screenplay, a romantic comedy, as Hollywood types have a reputation for theft. Only trouble is, I don't remember writing the numbers down. I may have to email the Library of Congress for them. I wonder if there will be a fee involved. I hope not.
Read Vic's stories, free: http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/

No comments:

Post a Comment