Total Pageviews

Friday, August 24, 2018

The Writer's Life 8/24 - Trolls


I've somehow gotten on the email list of websites of women trolls, probably through visits to a naughty site. A photo of a 20-something buxom babe accompanies each come on. The pics are not as explicit since a recent gmail update. For a while, none were getting through. Predators will eventually find a way to work around the latest security updates. I've never met any of the women or corresponded with any. I was amused that the missives separated when I copied them, the words breaking up, wide gaps between letters, as if the material was under copyright. I doubt anyone who responds ever scores. I suspect the stuff is designed to lure the gullible to use a credit card to gain access to a racy website, or maybe, once a link is clicked, to unleash a virus to search a user's PC for financial data. Surprisingly, many of the lures are not explicit. Those pictured may not even know their images are being used. The folks that run such sites are ruthless. Some of the women claim to have already been with the target of a note, which seems a really lame way to entice even the loneliest or most desperate man. What red-blooded guy wouldn't remember being in the presence of a young beauty? Here are messages I've received:
"I am looking for a hookup no strings attached. No emotions involved. Only the physical act alone. It's much simpler that way. No drama or games. If you're into discreet sexual encounters, let me know. I have a lot of free time, so scheduling a date won't be a problem."
"I know it's not very lady-like to be the one asking a man out on a date, but I simply don't care :) Would u like to go out with me Saturday night on a romantic dinner? It's my treat. Hope you say yes! If you’re up for it, here i am."
"Thinking about you day and night!! You completely managed to get into my system! It’s been a long time since our last meeting! Why don’t we arrange to meet real soon? Didn't you miss me? I can't wait!"
"My greatest accomplishment will be you if I can persuade you to be mine. There's nothing I want more than YOU, inside my bed, inside my..." Beeeeeep.

A brief story at Yahoo's Odd News led to this pic of a Wisconsin man who had opened the hood of his SUV and found something unusual. The owner, who is not the driver, claimed the python had been missing for two weeks.


It'd been a while since the floating book shop had enjoyed three straight above average sessions. My thanks to the kind folks who bought and donated books in English and Russian.


No comments:

Post a Comment