Total Pageviews

Friday, April 6, 2018

The Writer's Life 4/6 - Two Films & a Photo

As big a film fan as I am, I have no desire to see two productions that are receiving lots of hype, Paterno, which will air on HBO, and Chappaquiddick, a theatrical release. I don't know what the creators of the former hope to accomplish by airing such a creep show. Papa Joe is gone and Sandusky is where he belongs - behind bars. As for the latter, I despised Ted Kennedy as much as I do the Clintons. I have no desire to see him again even if the story is an accurate account of the event. I've always believed his reaction was political, his first thought damage control on what the accident would do to his future. And he got away with it. This movie is four decades late. It's as timely as those who now regret not having spoken out about Slick Willie, who, ironically, paved the way to the indifference of most of the public to President Trump's sexual hijinks.

How many Facebook posts are doctored, altered by bad actors? I'm suspicious of many whether it's from a left or right wing perspective. According to an article in today's NY Post, terrorists are doing it, as an Italian tourist found out when the FBI showed up at his home in Sardinia to ask about one of his NYC vacation photos. ISIS had Photoshopped it to make him look like a jihadi. The idea is to foment fear. Here's the pic in question:


It was a fourth straight prosperous session for the floating book shop, as Ira bought nine of the Weird series he was missing, which included one on merry ol' England. Only two remain, Kentucky and one on the entire USA. Alas, the revenue stream will probably return to normal tomorrow. My thanks, sir, and also to the sweet Russian grandma who bought three books in her first language. The number one topic of conversation of those who stopped to chat was, of course, the weather. I'm grateful the forecast for manana has improved from two to four inches of snow to morning flurries and a cool and cloudy afternoon. I hope it holds up. I feel I got away with something this week, as the scaffold enabled business as usual despite the precipitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment