Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 4, 2018

The Writer's Life 2/4 - Words & Pictures

I'll let pictures do most of the talking today. Here's one of a house in Mount Dora, Fla.. The owner is being fined $100 a day by the city council, which claims it violates an ordinance.


Here's a woman protesting in Iran, daring to take her Hijab off in public:


I caught the last 15 minutes of this unusual 1956 film broadcast last night on NET, channel 30 on Cablevision in NYC. In addition to Raymond Burr and Angela Lansbury, the cast included Dick Foran, John Dehner and Frank Mills, who has 408 credits listed at IMDb. If you can't read the fine print, the title is Please Murder Me:


From the NY Post: Edith, 64, and Evangelos, 66, Spandoudakis, married 41 years, have been serving coffee from their food cart for 25 years:


And here's the day's big event. I know I should be boycotting, especially since the Patriots are playing, but I can't say no to the party. Would the other celebrants let me change the channel?:


My thanks to the gentleman who bought four thrillers in Russian just before rain ended today's session of the floating book shop. Soon I will be off to the annual bash at Adam & Sharon's. I haven't seen them since last year's party.
Vic's Sixth novel: http://tinyurl.com/zpuhucj 
Vic's Short Works: http://tinyurl.com/jy55pzc

No comments:

Post a Comment