Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 15, 2018

The Writer's Life 2/15 - Cashing In

There will be so much said about the latest mass shooting that I will refrain from comment.

I have no interest in the winter or summer Olympics. The mainstream media's fawning over Dear Leader's sister is predictable. I wonder how much coverage the following, which appears in today's NY Post, edited by yours truly, will get: South Korea has approved spending $2.64 million to foot the bill for the 464 non-competing members of North Korea's delegation, and the International Olympics Committee will cover the costs for the 22 NoKo athletes. The Hermit Kingdom has plenty of dough for nuclear arms that threaten its neighbors but refuses to pay its way at the Olympics. Sadly, its leadership is so incompetent economically that there aren't enough funds left after defense spending. I'm sure the grand gestures will now have Kim Jong-un see the error of his ways.

The second round of the Stormy Daniels-Donald Trump fireworks will soon begin, and it looks like its going to be really, really ugly. She will be cashing in big time now that she believes she has an out from her non-disclosure agreement.

A Chinese firm has flipped a Manhattan property it bought less than a year ago, earning a profit of $10.5 million. It went for $90 million, a new record. It's on E. 64th St.. Here it is:


My thanks to the guy who calls me Irv, who bought his fourth Ann Rice novel of the month, Blood and Gold, and to the guy who pounced on 10 True Tales: World War II Heroes by Allan Zullo, published by Scholastic; and to the couple who purchased Mark Twain's The Adventures of Tom Sawyer; and to the gentleman who selected The Kennedy Wit (JFK) by Bill Adler and Robert Ludlum's The Ambler Warning. Special thanks to one of my biggest supporters, Marie, who donated about 15 marketable books. She owns all my books except my high school football epic, Adjustments. She has just begun reading Five Cents and said she was immediately enthralled. I gave her a copy of my latest, Present and Past, one of the five that contains an error corrected by hand. I also had a visit from Mike, a retiree. While we were conversing, an acquaintance of his approached and asked what he was doing. "I'm talking to my rabbi," he said without missing a beat. I laughed out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment