Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 10/3 - Sweet

An article in today’s NY Post states that 2410 millionaires collected Social Security benefits to the tune of 18.6 million dollars in 2009. Among those worth more than $500,000, 8335 collected. It’s just another example of government insanity, the refusal to do means testing. All applicants for assistance should be vetted. Although I could have re-applied, I felt so dirty about taking tax-payer money that I stopped after 39 weeks, and I’m well short of a half million in total assets, especially liquid ones. I can’t sell my half of my old house, where my sister and two of nieces live. People in dire circumstances should be helped for a time, but this cavalier use of money has to be stopped. Doing the right thing shouldn’t make one feel like a sap.

I heard a pollster interviewed this morning on John Gambling's radio show. Mitt Romney's support among blacks has increased. He now trails 94-2%.

I just saw an article at Yahoo about new oil millionaires in North Dakota. It is estimated that 200 will be created yearly. The average income of people in Mountrail County, the hub of production, has doubled to $52,027, placing it in the top 100 in the nation. If President Obama is re-elected, I hope he does an about face on his opposition to oil and natural gas exploration. It seems the only sector with the potential for enormous growth. Drill, baby, drill.

I'm a bit edgy right now. First of all, the weather is hampering my ability to sell books, and the forecast for tomorrow is the same it has been for the past two days. Fortunately, one of my regulars, Herbie, stepped up in a big way today, buying January Valentine's, my literary angel, latest novel, Sweet Dreams.It's been more than a week since I mailed out the book contract to WheelMan Press, and I haven't heard a word from them. Since I had to divulge sensitive information, I've checked all my financials and changed my usernames and passwords. I've searched for information about them on the web and have found nothing suspicious. A few of their books are available at Amazon. The period between the acceptance of a manuscript and its publication is an annoying limbo. It wasn't so bad for Killing, which Miss Valentine published. I hope everything goes as smoothly with Exchanges as it did with A Hitch in Twilight, which also required taking a chance on a fledgling small press publisher. The process was dizzying in the beginning, all done within a week. It's now ground to a halt. 
Visit Vic's sites:
Vic's Third Novel (Print or Kindle): http://tinyurl.com/7e9jty3
Vic's Short Story Collection (Print or Kindle): http://www.tiny.cc/Oycgb
Vic's 2nd Novel: http://tinyurl.com/6b86st6
Vic's 1st Novel: http://tiny.cc/94t5h
Vic's Screenplay on Kindle: http://tinyurl.com/cyckn3

No comments:

Post a Comment