Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Selling My Books on the Streets of Brooklyn 7/10 - Lust

I had a fun dream last night. I was riding the subway and seated next to me was none other than the lovely Tina Louise, the "movie star" among the odd group stranded on Gilligan's Island. She fell asleep and her head rested on my shoulder. When the train lurched suddenly, her face went to my lap and she shrieked. It's not hard to figure that the dream was grounded in lust, but I'm baffled as to why my mind chose the unfortunate Ms. Louise, beautiful though she was. True, her name did come up in conversation recently, but more than a week ago. Why hadn't my brain conjured Gina Lollobrigida or Sophia Loren or Raquel Welch or Gina Gershon, all of whom have a passing resemblance to the lust of my life, a certain Peggyann? I remember how amused I was when I first learned Peggy wasn't short for Margaret. Her parents had given her a little girl's name, apparently not envisioning the voluptuous beauty she would become. Life never ceases to amaze. Thanks, Tina. Sorry my warped mind made you part of my dreams.


I've had my first personal encounter with Obamacare. I got a letter from my healthcare provider. I have only hospitalization, which cost me $164 per month. I assumed the bill was due. To my surprise, a check was enclosed for $192. There is a facet of the new law dubbed the 80/20 Rule, which means a firm must spend 80% of the money it takes in on consumers, the rest on salary and operating expenses. The government deemed that this company spent only 69% on its customers, and forced it to redistribute its funds. Of course, I'm happy to have the money, but I still have severe doubts about politicians telling a business how it must be run, although I'm sure businesses strive to maximize profits. It's what they do. I wonder where this tyranny will lead. In fact, I have a pretty good idea already - to a European style system. Some small firms will go out of business. The largest will survive. Eventually, health services will be so expensive they will have to be covered by the government. I don't know if this can be stopped, although I will vote with those trying to stop it come November, despite the $192. I think the President's policies are a prescription for madness. I hope I'm wrong, but approximately 50% of the public is on the federal gravy train in some way. That's a large constituency to dissuade, and it will probably grow as even more citizens are bribed.
 My thanks to the young lady who purchased a Clive Cussler thriller and Susan Polis Schultz's Find Happiness in Everything You Do, which sounds like a wonderful philosophy of life.
Visit Vic’s sites:
Vic’s Third Novel (Print or Kindle): http://tinyurl.com/7e9jty3
Vic’s Website: http://members.tripod.com/vic_fortezza/Literature/
Vic’s Short Story Collection (Print or Kindle): http://www.tiny.cc/Oycgb
Vic’s 2nd Novel: http://tinyurl.com/6b86st6
Vic’s 1st Novel: http://tiny.cc/94t5h
Vic’s Screenplay on Kindle: http://tinyurl.com/cyckn3f

No comments:

Post a Comment